Sunday 5 December 2010

2x.1 Welcome

Dear 2nd Batxillerat students, welcome to The Flying Beetle!

To start off, I'd like to explain how we're going to use this blog as a learning tool. Unfortunately, you don't have regular English classes in the computer rooms, so we'll use the blog as a tool for distance learning. In the "Useful links" section I have listed different websites which I consider to be of your interest. This section also contains the websites that I recommend you visiting in class. It's constantly being updated, so check for updates from time to time. I hope you have started using some of these links to enhance your learning and complement your classes at school.


Moreover, I will start posting entries very soon. As you know, we're going to participate in the Portfolio project that our school is carrying out. This year's topic is "Green earth" and you're going to deal with that topic in different subjects from different perspectives. Your first task on this blog will consist of learning about your Portfolio topic. I am currently working with Vicent from the Biology department on a couple of sessions about the topic which I have chosen for you: "The relocation of precipitation as a consequence of global warming." I hope you enjoy working online and learn a lot from this digital experience.

 

1 comment: